YOU MIGHT START TO PRAY

YOU MIGHT START TO PRAY


I once read how Smith Wigglesworth guard his hunger for God and His truth in his life. He said: "Every morning as soon as I wake up, I immediately take prophetic actions to dance before God. Sometimes this body makes loud "noises" as if it refuses to do so - out of exhaustion - but still, I forced my body to dance before God. I may start in the flesh, but I always end in the Spirit! The act of making my body dance before the Lord is to ensure the flow of living water, the joy in my heart can be fully expressed with nothing blocking it. "
 
I tried and this body immediately voices protest over the action I did! But I keep remembering what Smith said: I may start in the flesh but I ensure to end in the Spirit!
 
So I kept forcing myself to dance, pray, prophesy, and declare so that I could really feel the dynamics of enthusiasm were fully blazing within me, and I was fully expressing them!
 
I also read how Smith Wigglesworth literally read some verses of the Word every hour, no matter what social activity he was doing at that time!
 
Wow... If I compare with the understanding that God gave me about 'hunger and thirst for the Truth', which is: A condition or heart attitude of someone who pursues the Truth or reality of God's presence passionately, full of enthusiasm - even more to chase crazily.
 
I can now imagine how Smith’s daily life was and at the same time, how we should live our daily lives!
 
1 Corinthians 9: 25-27 (NET) “Each competitor must exercise self-control in everything. They do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run uncertainly or box like one who hits only air. Instead I subdue my body and make it my slave, so that after preaching to others I myself will not be disqualified.”
 
Paul asserted, just like an athlete exercises his physique in such a way - with diligence, discipline, with a higher standard than his spectators- with the aim of winning the match. He likewise disciplines himself in such a way so he can remain function optimally to answer God's call!
 
I really hope we can realize the same thing, there is a Divine calling in our lives that comes from the Father. Without guarding a 'hungry and thirsty' heart for Him - having a tendency of a heart to chase the reality of God fervently, crazily - we can easily be distracted by the enemy, fall into inaccuracies and destroyed in The Devil's plots!
 
The key is personal discipline. Ask the Holy Spirit to enable you to discipline yourself in order to be always live in the dimension of His presence every day and every time - abide in Christ! #ILoveGod
 
Ps. Steven Agustinus

Komentar

Postingan Populer